Wound infection occurs primarily because of the proliferating microorganisms invading the wound to a level where it can invoke a local and/or systemic response to the host. Some of the symptoms to consider are:
- Increased swelling, tenderness or pain
- Cloudy drainage or pus
- Expanding redness or red streaking
The presence of such pathogens within the wound causes local tissue damage and impedes the wound healing. Hence, it is imperative to identify the wide range of pathogens in an effective way and shorter time period. Multiplex RTPCR assay is one such method that can effectively identify such pathogens, so that treatment can be given accordingly.
Om Diagnostic Labs Wound Test:
- Can be completed within 24 hours of sample receipt.
- Can identify a wider spectrum of microbes (viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungi simultaneously).
- Provides a more definitive diagnosis.
Om Diagnostic Labs Wound test is comprehensive and can identify which type(s) of bacteria is causing the infection, and which antibiotic would best treat the infection and help heal the wound.
Om Diagnostic Labs wound molecular test targets 20 different pathogens and antibiotic resistance markers using molecular techniques